How do I install a water heater timer?
- remove timer from casing. Remove the Timer from Casing.
- Pick a Location. Select a location for mounting the timer near the water heater, and use the casing as a template for marking the mounting holes.
- remove main power cable. Remove the Power Cable.
- connect new wires.
- tighten screws to secure wires to timer.
How does an Intermatic timer work?
The two types of Intermatic timers are analog and digital….Rotate the clock so that the large arrow points to the current time.
- The dial only turns clockwise, so if you pass the correct time just keep turning it until you get there again.
- Each line between numbers on the clock represents an interval of 20 minutes.
Can I put my water heater on a timer?
Homeowners can program the timer so that hot water is available only during the times of the day when it is most required. Water heater timers are incredibly easy to install. Homeowners with a bit of DIY prowess can re-route the main power cable from the water heater through the water heater timer.
What do you need to wire an Intermatic timer?
Strip 1/2 inch of the covering from each insulated wire entering the Intermatic timer, with wire strippers. Two wire sets enter the timer. Each wire set contains two insulated and one bare wire. Identify each wire terminal using the numbered labels, 1 through 4, for “Line” and “Load” terminal identification.
When to use Intermatic timer on pool pump?
Intermatic Incorporated manufactures timer switches designed for indoor and outdoor use. Many pool pump motors and water heaters use Intermatic timers to regulate their run times. An Intermatic timer-switch saves electricity when it turns a water heater off at night and when it limits the amount of time a pool’s filtration system runs.
Where is the protective shield on an Intermatic timer?
Pull the plastic protective shield from the timer’s wiring terminals. The protective shield, located at the bottom of the timer, uses tabs to lock in place. Strip 1/2 inch of the covering from each insulated wire entering the Intermatic timer, with wire strippers. Two wire sets enter the timer.