What books do high school students read in English class?
High School English Class Books
- Lord of the Flies (Paperback) William Golding.
- The Great Gatsby (Paperback) F.
- Of Mice and Men (Paperback) John Steinbeck.
- 1984 (Kindle Edition) George Orwell.
- The Catcher in the Rye (Paperback) J.D. Salinger.
- To Kill a Mockingbird (Paperback)
- The Scarlet Letter (Paperback)
- Hamlet (Paperback)
What books do you read in high school?
The List of Indispensable Books
- To Kill a Mockingbird. Harper Lee’s seminal coming-of-age story set in the fictional southern town of Maycomb, Alabama.
- Nineteen Eighty-Four.
- Lord of the Flies.
- Animal Farm.
- Catcher in the Rye.
- The Grapes of Wrath.
- Invisible Man.
- The Alchemist.
What are some good books to read for high school?
12 Most Influential Books for High School Students, According to Teachers 1. To Kill a Mockingbird 2. A Farewell to Arms 3. I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings 4. Animal Farm 5. The Things They Carried 6. The Grapes of Wrath 7. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn 8. Fahrenheit 451 9. 1984 10. A Prayer for Owen Meany 11. Speak 12. Tuesdays with Morrie
What is a high school reading list?
50 classics from (almost) everyone’s high school’s required reading list 50 classics from (almost) everyone’s high school’s required reading list #50. Their Eyes Were Watching God #49. A Raisin in the Sun #48. Moby-Dick or, the Whale #47. The Pearl #46. The Importance of Being Earnest #45. The Red Badge of Courage #44.
Why do schools need books?
Textbooks help teachers and learners in this regard. They play a vital role in the teaching-learning process. They provide the basic framework within which much of the classroom activities occur and also give every child the best possible opportunities for learning.