How do I set a static route in Windows?
Add a Static Route to the Windows Routing Table You can use the following syntax:
- route ADD destination_network MASK subnet_mask gateway_ip metric_cost.
- route add 172.16.121.0 mask 255.255.255.0 10.231.3.1.
- route -p add 172.16.121.0 mask 255.255.255.0 10.231.3.1.
- route delete destination_network.
- route delete 172.16.121.0.
What is the syntax for static route?
: destination IP address and subnet mask, shown in dotted decimal notation. : destination IP address and the length of the prefix. : the next-hop IP address shown in dotted decimal notation. : the next-hop interface.
How do I route a IP address in Windows?
How to Find Router IP Address with Command Prompt
- Click the Windows search bar, and type Command Prompt in the search box.
- Then press Enter.
- Type ipconfig in the command line and press Enter.
- You will see your router’s IP address next to the Default Gateway.
What is the next hop router’s IP address?
Next hop is an IP address entry in a router’s routing table, which specifies the next closest or most optimal router in its routing path. Every single router maintains its routing table with a next hop address, which is calculated based on the routing protocol used and its associated metric.
What is command IP route?
route (command) In computing, route is a command used to view and manipulate the IP routing table in Unix-like and Microsoft Windows operating systems and also in IBM OS/2 and ReactOS .
What is sh ip route?
The show ip route command is used to show the router’s routing table. This is the list of all networks that the router can reach, their metric (the router’s preference for them), and how to get there. This command can be abbreviated sh ip ro and can have parameters after it, like sh ip ro ospf for all OSPF routes.
What is ip route Cisco?
Cisco IP Routing Protocols provide the fundamental infrastructure for the delivery of advanced IP services across all Cisco networking products. Whether based on Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) standards or Cisco innovations, Cisco offers the broadest portfolio of IP routing technologies.