How do I fill out a PA1 probate form?
Probate application form PA1 guidance notes
- About the applicant(s). Give your personal details and the details of any other applicant: name, address and contact details.
- About the person who has died.
- The will and codicils.
- Relatives of the person who has died.
- Applying as an attorney.
- Foreign domicile.
- Inheritance tax.
What is a pa1a form?
This form is for an application where the. person who has died did not leave a will. that deals with assets in England and Wales.
How do I fill out PA1P?
Before you apply
- download the correct paper form.
- fill in all sections that apply.
- complete the checklist.
- print the form.
- sign and date the application.
- pay by phone or include a cheque with your application (see How to pay)
- send your completed form and supporting documents to:
What is a PA1P form?
PA1P – Probate Application (this form) – where a person who has died has left a will. An official copy (not a photocopy) of the death certificate, or a coroner’s interim certificate of the person who has died. Any other documents requested on this form.
What supporting documents do I need to send for probate?
The documents you need to send with your Probate application form are:
- The original Will and any codicils. Codicils are small additions to a Will.
- Two copies of the Will and any codicils on plain A4.
- The death certificate or an interim one.
- The correct Inheritance Tax Form, whether Inheritance Tax is payable or not.
What questions are asked on a probate form?
Probate Questions and Answers
- I can’t afford the funeral, can I get help?
- I cannot find a will, what do I do?
- Can I sell the deceased’s house?
- There is a solicitor as an executor do I have to use them to do probate?
- There are a number of bank accounts I don’t know where to begin please can you advise?
What is a probate checklist?
The checklist breaks down every stage of the process into individual jobs, from registering the death and arranging the funeral, right through to storing the documents correctly.
What does pa1a stand for in probate form?
PA1A — Probate application This form is for an application where the person who has died did not leave a will that deals with assets in England and Wales
How to apply for probate in the UK?
See the how to apply for probate for help on completing the application either by post or online. You may need to complete one of these forms to support your probate application Added form PA19 to the supporting forms section. Form PA7A added. Reorganised and added revised forms and guidance related to applying or stopping a probate application.
How to apply for a grant of Probate in Wales?
This page is available in Welsh (Cymraeg). Paper application forms to get either a grant of probate if the person who died left a will (PA1P) or letters of administration (PA1A) if they did not leave a will. See the how to apply for probate for help on completing the application either by post or online.
Do you have to pay inheritance tax when applying for probate?
Check if you need to pay inheritance tax before applying for probate. You’ll need to complete either form IHT205 if you do not need to pay inheritance tax or form IHT400 if tax is due. This page is available in Welsh (Cymraeg).