How do you use deranged in a sentence?
1 It’s guaranteed that my colleagues think I’m deranged. 2 A deranged man shot and killed 14 people. 3 She is mentally deranged. 4 Traffic was stopped by a deranged man shouting at the sky.
What does derange mean?
transitive verb. 1 : to disturb the operation or functions of deranged by even the slightest damage. 2 : disarrange hatless, with tie deranged— G. W. Stonier. 3 : to make mentally unsound or insane stalked by a deranged fan.
How do you use ensuing in a sentence?
Ensuing in a Sentence 🔉
- In the ensuing weeks after the hurricane, thousands of people went without power.
- After the politician was arrested, the ensuing media frenzy caused voters to become confused.
- Since witnesses placed Larry at the crime scene, his ensuing arrest came as no surprise to anyone.
How do you use superfluous in a sentence?
Superfluous sentence example
- Superfluous wealth can buy superfluities only.
- The superfluous water from all the Delta canals is drained off, by bahrs (rivers) into the coast lakes.
- In an earlier age such an inquiry would have seemed superfluous .
How do you use infestation in a sentence?
Infestation sentence example. The gateway between realms is cracked, and I have a slight Watcher infestation problem.
Is deranged a swear word?
Deranged has transitioned from being a label of someone’s health to being an insulting slur.
What is the opposite of ensuing?
Antonyms & Near Antonyms for ensue. antedate, follow, precede, predate.
What does Insued mean?
: to strive to attain : pursue I wander, seeking peace, and ensuing it— Rupert Brooke. intransitive verb. : to take place afterward or as a result.
What is an example of superfluous?
The definition of superfluous is something that is more than needed or unnecessary. An example of superfluous is a buying a stuffed animal for a child who already has too many stuffed animals.
What are extra words called?
pleonasm Add to list Share. Pleonasm is using more words than you need to, either accidentally or deliberately. Used accidentally, a pleonasm is just long-winded wordiness, like a sentence that includes far more words than is necessary.