How do I create a TCL file in NS2?
How to Run TCL File in Network Simulator 2
- Install NS2 and set the path.
- After Installing NS2, go the $prompt and run ns filename.
- after the previous statement automatically the .nam and .tr files will be created in the same folder (the tcl file should contain the provision of tracing the nam and trace file..
What are the TCL commands in NS2?
TCL[Tool command language] is also an scripting programming language. NS2 also uses OTCL[Object oriented extension of TCL] OTCL is also written in C++ [OTCL=OOPS concepts+ TCL] OTCL-configures the system while C++ is also used to implement the code that is frequently executed.
How do I download and install NS2?
II. Steps is to install NS2
- Download NS2 from following link: https://www.isi.edu/nsnam/dist/ns-allinone-2.28.tar.gz.
- Decompress the file use winrar.
- Run Cygwin from desktop and change the directory to folder you copied just now in step 2 command to change directory:cd /home/sys27/ns-allinone-2.28.
How do I run an NS2 script?
How to Run Tcl Script in NS2
- System requirements. For install the NS-2.35 , we need the following minimum system requirements.
- TCL source code for main file.
- Open the terminal and verify the installed package.
- Change the location.
- Execute/run the main tcl file : using ns command.
- Get the simulation.
- Start the simulation.
When to use C + + and OTcl in ns2?
In ns2, C++ is used for detailed protocol implementation and Otcl is used for the setup. The compiled C++ objects are made available to the Otcl interpreter and in this way, the ready-made C++ objects can be controlled from the OTcl level. Nam is also needed to install.
What do you need to know about NS2?
NS2 uses OTcl to create and configure a network, and uses C++ to run simulation. All C++ codes need to be compiled and linked to create an executable file. Use OTcl For configuration, setup, or one time simulation, or
What do I need to install Nam in OTcl?
The compiled C++ objects are made available to the Otcl interpreter and in this way, the ready-made C++ objects can be controlled from the OTcl level. Nam is also needed to install. Nam ( Network Animator) is an animation tool to graphically represent the network and packet traces. Use this command :
What is the topology and simulator in ns2?
In ns2, the topology consists of a collection of nodes and links. The simulator object has member functions which enables to create the nodes and define the links between them. The class simulator contains all the basic functions.