How do I export emails from Mac Mail?
- In the Mail app on your Mac, select one or more mailboxes, then choose Mailbox > Export Mailbox.
- Choose a folder or create a new folder, then click Choose. Mail exports the mailboxes as . mbox packages. If you previously exported a mailbox, Mail doesn’t overwrite the existing .
Does Gmail sync with Mac Mail?
Open the Mail app and go to Mail > Add Account. Select Google > Continue, then click Open Browser for Google authentication. Next, enter your Gmail address and password, then click Allow to grant Google permissions. Select the apps to sync, then click Done.
How do I connect Apple Mail to Gmail?
Launch System Preferences by clicking on its Dock icon or by selecting System Preferences from the Apple menu. Select the Mail, Contacts & Calendars preference pane. Select Gmail. Enter your Gmail email address and password and then click Set Up.
How do I export emails from Mac Mail to hard drive?
Manual Method to Export Emails from Apple Mail to an External Hard Drive:
- Launch Apple Mail on your Mac machine.
- Select the mailbox folder you wish to export.
- Then, click Mailbox from the menu bar options.
- Select Export Mailbox…
Why is my Gmail not syncing with Apple Mail?
Enable IMAP: If IMAP is turned off, it won’t sync. Wrong Settings: Wrong settings may interfere with the syncing process. Outdated App: Outdated apps may fail to work efficiently and hence may lead to sync issues. So, update the app to solve the issue.
How do I transfer old emails to a new email address?
Set up email forwarding from your old Gmail account
- Open Gmail and click the gear icon.
- Select Settings.
- Select the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab.
- Click on “Add a forwarding address.”
- Enter your new email address.
- You’ll get a verification email at your new email address—click the link to confirm.
How can I import all my emails to Gmail?
Click the Accounts and import or Accounts tab. In the second section, click Import mail and contacts. Follow the steps on the screen. Click Start import….Stop importing emails
- On your computer, open the Gmail account you’ve been importing to.
- In the top right, click Settings.
- Click the Accounts and import tab.
What does export mailbox do in Apple Mail?
Instead of archiving or trashing email messages, the Export Mailbox feature allows you to remove messages entirely from Mail while still holding onto copies.