How do I find a male mentor?
How to Find a Mentor
- Determine what sort of mentor you’re looking for.
- Draw up a list of three men that you’d like to mentor you.
- Write down how each mentor could help you grow as a man.
- Figure out what you expect from the mentor relationship.
- Ask the first man on your list.
- Expect rejection.
What is male mentoring?
The Male Mentoring Initiative enhances the academic, social, and professional success of male-identified learners. The goal of MMI is to empower our male-identified learners through mentoring and meaningful interactions with staff, former participants, and campus resources.
How do I start a mentoring program for men?
Starting a Program
- Define the youth population that will be served.
- Identify who you will recruit as mentors.
- Determine the type of mentoring relationships (e.g., who will be served, and how they will be served?).
- Determine the focus of the mentoring relationships.
- Determine where the mentoring sessions will occur.
How do I find a mentor for life?
In finding a mentor, there are 10 important steps I’ve found that usually work:
- Find someone you want to be like.
- Study the person.
- Make the “ask”
- Evaluate the fruit.
- Follow up after the meeting.
- Let the relationship evolve organically.
- Don’t check out when you feel challenged.
- Press into relationship.
Is a mentor free?
Mentors are free, which makes them priceless in more ways than one. Typically, a mentoring relationship will grow organically through connections within your industry and network.
Is it common to fall in love with your mentor?
It’s natural for a mentor and protégé(e) to develop feelings of attraction towards each other, given the close nature of the relationship. In the course of their relationship, the protégée is seen falling for the mentor.
Who needs a mentor?
A mentor is a person with specialized knowledge whom you may enlist to educate and motivate you, either in your personal life, your career or both. Similar to coaches and teachers, mentors guide less-experienced people through the learning process by establishing trust and modeling positive behaviors.