Which book is better for geography?
The best source to study Geography is NCERT Text books from Standard 6 to 12. Most of the topics are explained in very simple language in the basic text books and it’s really helpful for the exam.
Which geography book is best for UPSC?
Geography books for UPSC, state government and other competitive exams
- Certificate Physical And Human Geography by Goh Cheng Leong.
- Geography of India by Majid Husain.
- Oxford Student Atlas for India by Oxford University Press.
- Geography Of India (The Gist of NCERT) by Mahesh Kumar Barnwal.
Which geography book is best for UPSC Prelims?
Geography of the World and Society
- Geography of India Majid Husain (Geography)
- Oxford School Atlas Oxford (Geography)
- Certificate Physical and Human Geography Goh Cheng Leong (Geography)
What should I read for geography in UPSC?
Reference Books for IAS (UPSC CSE) Prelims Geography
- Class IX NCERT: Contemporary India Part-I.
- Class X NCERT: Contemporary India Part-II.
- Class XI NCERT: Fundamentals of Physical Geography.
- Class XI NCERT: Indian Physical Environment.
- Class XII NCERT: Fundamentals of Human Geography.
How many types of geography are there?
Geography is divided into two main branches: human geography and physical geography. There are additional branches in geography such as regional geography, cartography, and integrated geography. Learn about the different branches of geography in this article.
Is geography compulsory for UPSC?
Compulsory Subjects for Preliminary Examination: Current events of national and international importance. Syllabus of History of India and Indian national movement. Indian and World Geography- it includes every aspect of geography including physical, social, economic geography across the world.
Which is the best book for geography in India?
Indian and World Geography are the most important aspect of the Civil Services examination as well as all other competitive examinations. Majid Hussain’s this book is consider as one of the Standard Book of Geography.
Which is the best Geography paper for UPSC prelims?
Geography is a major part of General Studies Paper 1 in Civil Services Exam Prelims. This paper will include questions from Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the world. In this post let’s see the most-referred books by aspirants to study Geography for UPSC CSE Preliminary exam.
How many chapters in geography of India by Majid Hussain?
Majid Hussain’s Geography of India contain total 10 Chapter’s. You can download all 10 Chapter’s by the given links. You may see the reviews of this book on Amazon.
Which is the best geography book for IAS prelims?
The book is divided into two parts: Part 1 covers Physical Geography while Part 2 covers Human and Economic Geography. This is a good book to understand the concepts. Click to buy Physical, Human and Economic Geography for Civil Services Examination by D R Khuller. 130+ Prelims Marks is Possible. Only if you are guided the right way.