How do you source CCP4?
CCP4 from the command line If you want to run CCP4 programs in your current shell, run source /path/to/ccp4-/bin/ccp4. setup-sh (in bash/dash/zsh shells) or source /path/to/ccp4-/bin/ccp4.
What is CCP4?
The CCP4 (Collaborative Computational Project, number 4) program suite is a collection of programs and associated data and subroutine libraries which can be used for macromolecular structure determination by X-ray crystallography.
What is CCP4 used for?
CCP4: Software for Macromolecular X-Ray Crystallography It provides an integrated suite of programs for determination of macromolecular structures by X-ray crystallography that can be accessed through a graphical interface on your computer, through CCP4 Online, or through CCP4 Cloud.
Does coot come with ccp4?
We advise you to always include Coot in your installation package and install it simultaneously with the rest of CCP4.
How do you use ccp4?
1. Getting Started with CCP4
- Launch ccp4i2 by opening a terminal, typing “module load ccp4” and typing ccp4i2 at the command prompt in the terminal.
- You will be presented with a “Welcome” screen.
- In the “Name of project/folder” field, enter cd44.
- A “Project Viewer” window will open for project cd44.
How do you use CCP4?
How do I install WinCoot?
WinCoot install and download page
- Download the installer for WinCoot 0.9.
- Double-click the downloaded file (WinCoot-version.exe).
- WinCoot is extracted and short cuts created on the desktop and Start Menu for the current user (N.B. you may want to avoid spaces in the WinCoot master directory name, it may cause problems.
Is a coot bald?
Coots are water birds whose heads have the appearance of baldness. This doesn’t refer to the lack of feathers on the bird’s head but to their white markings.
Is a coot a duck?
While the American coot resembles a duck, it is not actually a duck species. Coots have chicken-like beaks, legs, and feet. Both drake and hen coots are grey in color but appear black from a distance.
How do I open a ccp4 file in Linux?
Installation from tarballs
- Download tarball of your choice (e.g. ccp4-7.1. NNN-linux64.
- Unpack it and move to destination by typing in Terminal (assume destination directory /opt/xtal): cd ~/Downloads tar -xvzf ccp4-7.1.NNN-linux64.tar.gz mkdir /opt/xtal mv ccp4-7.1 /opt/xtal/
- Run the installation script:
How do you use a coot?
Coot uses a live mouse which lets you rotate the image by holding down the left mouse button and moving the mouse around the graphics window. You can zoom in and out by using the right mouse button. Centering can be achieved by middle-clicking on an atom.
Does coot come with CCP4?
Where can I download CCP4 software for PC?
The CCP4 software can be downloaded and runs on Windows, Mac OS and Linux. It provides an integrated suite of programs for determination of macromolecular structures by X-ray crystallography that can be accessed through a graphical interface on your computer, through CCP4 Online, or through CCP4 Cloud.
What kind of compiler is needed for CCP4?
Installation of CCP4 Interface. Fortran, C and C++ compilers are needed to build the suite. To uncompress the standard distribution requires ~235Mbytes (~50Mbytes for the compressed archive file plus ~180Mbytes for the unpacked source code).
What is the purpose of the CCP4 Documentation wiki?
The CCP4 Documentation Wiki is a new way of documenting the CCP4 software, with the aim of being more accessible to GUI- and novice users: The focus is on how to user the software through the user interface, and the wiki is divided into two main areas:
What should I use as an alternative to CCP4?
Issues have previously been reported when using CCP4 software, while having Avast AV running on Windows systems. We therefore recommend using the default Windows Defender software as an alternative when installing or using CCP4 software. Click here for the MD5 checksums of all files.