How do I get the last record in SQL Server?
You should note that the last() function is only supported in MS Access. But there are ways to get the last record in MySql, SQL Server, Oracle etc. databases….Oracle syntax:
- SELECT column_name FROM table_name.
- ORDER BY column_name DESC.
- WHERE ROWNUM <=1;
How do I select last n records from a table in SQL Server?
The following is the syntax to get the last 10 records from the table. Here, we have used LIMIT clause. SELECT * FROM ( SELECT * FROM yourTableName ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 10 )Var1 ORDER BY id ASC; Let us now implement the above query.
How do I select the last 5 records of a SQL table?
- You need to count number of rows inside table ( say we have 12 rows )
- then subtract 5 rows from them ( we are now in 7 )
- select * where index_column > 7 select * from users where user_id > ( (select COUNT(*) from users) – 5) you can order them ASC or DESC.
How do I get last 3 records in SQL?
SELECT * FROM (select * from suppliers ORDER BY supplier_name DESC) suppliers2 WHERE rownum <= 3 ORDER BY rownum DESC; Notice that although you want the last 3 records sorted by supplier_name in ascending order, you actually sort the supplier_name in descending order in this solution.
How do I select the last entry in SQL?
to get the last row of a SQL-Database use this sql string: SELECT * FROM TableName WHERE id=(SELECT max(id) FROM TableName); Output: Last Line of your db!
How do I select the first record in SQL?
SQL TOP, LIMIT, FETCH FIRST or ROWNUM Clause
- SQL Server / MS Access Syntax: SELECT TOP number|percent column_name(s) FROM table_name.
- MySQL Syntax: SELECT column_name(s) FROM table_name.
- Oracle 12 Syntax: SELECT column_name(s)
- Older Oracle Syntax: SELECT column_name(s)
- Older Oracle Syntax (with ORDER BY): SELECT *
What is offset in SQL query?
SQL | OFFSET-FETCH Clause
- The OFFSET argument is used to identify the starting point to return rows from a result set. Basically, it exclude the first set of records. Note:
- The FETCH argument is used to return a set of number of rows. FETCH can’t be used itself, it is used in conjuction with OFFSET. Syntax:
How can I get 3 minimum salary in SQL?
- select salary from employee. order by salary asc limit 2,1.
- SELECT * FROM.
- select person_name,person_salary from Salary_1 order by person_salary asc limit 2,1;
- select top 1 * from ( select top 3 * from ( select distinct emp_sal from employee order by asc emp_sal ) d orderby desc emp_sal )
How do I select the last 2 records in SQL?
To select last two rows, use ORDER BY DESC LIMIT 2.
How do I get last two records in SQL?
How do you get 3 max salary?
- TOP keyword SELECT TOP 1 salary FROM (SELECT TOP 3 salary FROM Table_Name ORDER BY salary DESC) AS Comp ORDER BY salary ASC.
- limit SELECT salary FROM Table_Name ORDER BY salary DESC LIMIT 2, 1.
- by subquery. SELECT salary FROM (SELECT salary FROM Table_Name ORDER BY salary DESC LIMIT 3) AS Comp ORDER BY salary LIMIT 1;
How do I select duplicate rows in SQL?
To select duplicate values, you need to create groups of rows with the same values and then select the groups with counts greater than one. You can achieve that by using GROUP BY and a HAVING clause.
How do I get the last date in SQL?
1) To find the last date of the current month using EOMONTH. Here we set month as 0 which gives the current month Last Date in SQL Server. DECLARE @current_date DATE = GETDATE() SELECT EOMONTH (@current_date, 0) AS LastDayOfCurrentMonth. Output: Another way to get the last date of the current month is without adding the parameter as written below.
What is SELECT query in SQL?
SQL – SELECT Query. The SQL SELECT statement is used to fetch the data from a database table which returns this data in the form of a result table. These result tables are called result-sets.
What is table in SQL Server?
The Table Variable in SQL Server Definition. The table variable is a special type of the local variable that helps to store data temporarily, similar to the temp table in SQL Server. Syntax. Transactions and table variable in SQL Server. Some useful tips for the table variables.
What is a row in SQL?
In a database, a row (sometimes called a record) is the set of field s within a table that are relevant to a specific entity. For example, in a table called customer contact information, a row would likely contain fields such as: ID number, name, street address, city, telephone number and so on.