How do I update software using Samsung Kies?
Upgrading Your Firmware
- Connect your device to your computer using the USB cable.
- Open Kies.
- Click Firmware upgrade to start the upgrade process.
- A pop-up message may also display when you connect your device to Kies.
- You will be taken through the backup process to preserve all of your data.
How do I update my Samsung software on my computer?
Check for software updates
- Connect your device to your computer using the USB cable provided with your device.
- Open Smart Switch on your PC.
- If a software update is available, Smart Switch will automatically prompt you to update the software or display an option to update.
How do I update my Samsung phone on my computer?
- Connect the mobile device to the computer with the USB cable.
- Open Smart Switch on your computer. If a software update is available for your device, Smart Switch automatically prompts you to update.
- Click Update to begin downloading the necessary files.
- Click OK to proceed.
Do you need to update Samsung firmware with Kies?
If yes, then your Samsung phone needs to be updated to the latest Android version. In this guide, we’ll manually upgrade firmware using Samsung Kies. This is the only best way to restore default settings on your Android device. Besides, a firmware upgrade can also enhance and strengthen the compatibility of your device with new applications.
How do I install Kies on my Samsung phone?
Hence, download the appropriate Kies tool as per your Android version. After installing in on PC, double-click the Kies.exe file. Using a standard USB data cable, connect your Android device to the computer. The Samsung Kies tool will detect your connected phone.
What does Kies do on a Samsung phone?
Kies is an official Samsung software to manage and communicate the Samsung phone and the computer. It is compatible with 32-bit and 64-bit of Windows and Mac OS. This tool allows you to manage and transfer photos, videos, music, podcasts, contacts, and calendar events between your PC and mobile.
How big is the firmware file for the Samsung Galaxy S2?
The firmware file is usually 200 MB to 300 MB. Your Samsung Galaxy S2 should boot into download mode during this stage. As usual, don’t disconnect the USB cable. Firmware upgrade complete