Most popular

Do you need an appointment for minor injuries unit Glasgow?

Do you need an appointment for minor injuries unit Glasgow?

For minor injuries such as cuts that need stitches, broken bones, sprains and minor burns, please call 111 and ask for our Minor Injury Units (MIU) service. NHS 24 will provide you with advice on next steps, which may include a virtual or telephone consultation, and/ or, a face-to-face appointment at one of our MIUs.

Can you just turn up at a minor injuries unit?

At the moment, the NHS offers a mix of walk-in centres, urgent care centres, minor injury units and urgent treatment centres, all with different levels of service. You may be referred to an urgent treatment centre by NHS 111 or by your GP. You can also just turn up and walk in.

Can you just walk into minor injuries?

Walk-in centres/urgent-care centres You do not need an appointment; you can just walk in. They deal with a range of problems including rashes, minor injuries, emergency contraception, infections, sprains and cuts and bruises, and can dress wounds, if required.

What happens at minor injuries unit?

A minor injuries unit (MIU) is a type of walk-in clinic service provided in some hospitals in the United Kingdom. Units are generally staffed by emergency nurse practitioners (ENPs) who can work autonomously to treat minor injuries such as lacerations and fractures. Some units have access to X-ray facilities.

What are minor injuries?

Examples of minor injuries include the following. Shallow cuts or abrasions. Sprains and muscle strain. Bruises and skin lesions. Minor burns covering only a small area of skin.

Should I go to GP for injury?

If you have a minor injury, you do not usually need to see a doctor and can look after yourself at home. However, you may want to visit a GP, local minor injuries unit or NHS walk-in centre for advice if your symptoms do not get better over time. Find your nearest walk-in centre or minor injuries unit.

What is considered minor injury?

What do I do if I need to see a doctor but aren’t registered?

If you are not registered with a GP you can still use out of hours services and attend GP surgeries which accept ‘walk-in’ patients. By entering your postcode at this link you can find a GP anywhere in the country.

Can you go to minor injuries with an old injury?

Minor Injury Units can’t help if: you’re 11 years old or under. you can’t get there by yourself and need transport. you have an injury that happened more than 14 days ago – you’ll need to see your GP. you have a wound that happened over 24 hours ago– you’ll need to see your GP.

When is the minor injuries unit in Oswestry open?

It would appear that not everyone knows that Oswestry has a great minor injuries unit on its doorstep. Please help us to get the word out – otherwise, we may well lose it! OPENING TIMES. The Minor Injuries Unit at Cambrian Health Centre is up and working and is open: Mondays to Fridays 8.30am to 6pm.

Is the Cambrian health centre minor injury unit open?

The Minor Injuries Unit at Cambrian Health Centre is up and working and is open: The Minor Injuries Units offer treatment to anyone with a minor injury. There is no age limit. This is a walk-in service and you do not need to be referred or to make an appointment, but please note the Minor Injuries Units are not open 24 hours.

Where is the nearest minor injury unit in Paisley?

5 to 15-year-olds: Go to the nearest Minor Injury Unit. Minor Injury Units are located within the Emergency Departments of Royal Alexandra Hospital in Paisley and Inverclyde Royal Hospital in Greenock (open 9.00 am to 9.00 pm every day of the year).

How to access the Minor Injury Unit at Western General?

The best way to access the minor injury unit is to dial 111 to get a scheduled appointment.

Share this post