How to reset SMCWBR14S N5?
To reset the SMC Networks SMCWBR14S-N5 to its default settings, you have to do the following steps:
- Put router into operation.
- Press WPS button for at least 5 seconds.
- Restart of the device is automatically executed.
- Restoration of standard settings is finished.
How do I reset my SMC router?
How to Reset your SMC D3GN Modem
- Locate the Reset button on the back of the modem.
- Press and hold the Reset button for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds, release the button. The modem should restart and the lights will flash.
- Once the modem is finished restarting and is online the settings will be back to default.
What does rebooting a router do?
This is sometimes called a “power-cycle.” Rebooting your router cleans out the device’s short-term memory (also called “cache”) to keep it running more smoothly. It also allows the router to re-select the least crowded channel for each frequency, which means a stronger connection to your devices.
How do I setup my SMC router?
How to Configure an SMC Router
- Plug an Ethernet cable into the back of any network computer and plug the other end into any port on the back of the SMC router.
- Open the Internet browser on the connected computer.
- Enter the default password for your SMC router, found in the instruction manual for your specific model.
Why do I constantly have to reset my router?
All home routers need to be restarted periodically to start fresh with no accumulated memory or processor baggage. Basically, the router acts like traffic cop for your local area network (LAN), moving data while keeping your kids away from racy online content and apportioning IP addresses to a variety of devices.
How do I reset my SMC router password?
Changing passwords on your SMC Wireless Modem
- Navigate to the SMC Admin Console by typing 192.168. 0.1 in your internet browser (at the top of your page).
- Log In with the following information: Username: cusadmin.
- Select Wireless.
- Choose Encryption.
- Enter the desired password into the Pre-Shared Key field.
- Select Apply.
Why does my broadband keep disconnecting?
Your internet keeps cutting out for a number of reasons. Your router may be out of date, you may have too many wireless devices crowding your network, cabling may be faulty, or there may be traffic jams between you and the services that you use. Some slowdowns are out of your control while others are easily fixed.
Is the smcwbr14s-n4 user guide accurate?
September 2009 Pub. # 149100000034W E092009-CS-R01 Information furnished by SMC Networks, Inc. (SMC) is believed to be accurate and reliable. However, no responsibility is assumed by SMC for its use, nor for any infringements of patents or other rights of third parties which may result from its use.
How to safety reset and reboot iPad with easy way?
How to safety Factory Reset & Reboot iPad with Easy Way? 1 Press & Hold the Home Button & Wake-up/Sleep Buttons together. 2 Wait about serveral seconds to reset the iOS. 3 The Apple Logo will appear when iPad is rebooting 4 Finish than the iPad already restarted.
How do I Reset my iPad to factory settings?
Press & Hold the Home Button & Wake-up/Sleep Buttons together. Wait about serveral seconds to reset the iOS. The Apple Logo will appear when iPad is rebooting Finish than the iPad already restarted.